Linoma is hosting a free webinar about DB2 field level encryption (fieldprocs) on June 13th, 2013. For more information follow this link.
A summary of the event is:
Now you can quickly encrypt sensitive data on the IBM i including credit card numbers, social security numbers, birthdates, bank routing numbers and other confidential fields in your physical files and tables. DB2 Field Procedures (FieldProcs) in IBM i version 7.1 has greatly simplified field encryption, often without requiring any file or application changes.
Join us for this free webinar where we’ll discuss
- How Field Procedures (FieldProcs) work
- Tips and techniques for implementing FieldProcs
- How to restrict access to sensitive fields by user or group profile
- Masking techniques to show only partial values
- Potential gotchas and hurdles to look out for
- Proper key management and security controls to comply with PCI DSS
- Audit trails to satisfy compliance reporting requirements
During this webinar, you will also get a demonstration of Crypto Complete by Linoma Software’s technical team. Crypto Complete will automatically create and manage the FieldProcs needed for encrypting your database fields. Crypto Complete also includes the security controls, key management, and audit trails required to pass audits and meet privacy regulations.
Read the original at UIIPA.